Concept Refinement


CATEGORY 

DETAILS 

Film OR Magazine 

film 

Genre 

Adventure/comedy 

Target Audience (Be specific) 

Anyone of the age 13 and up 

What is your concept? (Be thorough & specific. Review the links on Blackboard) 

It is about a girl who on the night of her 17th birthday she is walking alone on her way to a birthday dinner when she gets hit by something. The next thing she knows is that she is waking up in her bed. She assumes it is just a dream and goes on with her day. Later, she finds out that she has powers. She meets others who also gained powers that night. They form an alliance and plan to figure out their powers together. There is going to be a villain who provides the comic relief. When the main girl keeps disappearing her normal friends start to get suspicious of where she is always going. She must find a way to balance her normal life with her “super” life.  

How did you conceive the idea for this concept? 

Someone gave me the idea of a secret life and this is what I came up with. 

What do you believe is unique about your concept? 

I think this is unique, because I haven’t seen many movies where the villain is the comic relief.  

Why do you believe this product will be of interest to your audience? 

I feel like people would love to see a movie that is a comedy and has a plot that will be entertaining to watch and keep you on your toes.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FEEDBACK RECEIVED FROM PEERS 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ms. Gartland suggested I watch the movie “My Superhero Ex-Girlfriend” because she saw a similarity and she said I could get some ideas for my film. She also suggested that I figure out how the main girl will gain her powers. I heard someone say it reminded them of the “Flash”.  

 

 

After I presented my concept refinement chart, I got pretty good feedback. Not many people said something, but those who did say something didn’t have anything bad to say. Someone had said that my concept reminded them of another movie called “My Superhero Ex-Girlfriend". She suggested I watch it to maybe get some ideas from it. This helped me get possible ideas to add to my movie and help me see how I want to move on with it. This feedback made me excited to move on and see what I can do with my film and see how I can put a story into only two minutes.  

In the assigned article I had to read supports my concept, because in the article it said, “movies that provide meaningful experiences may be touching and moving because they relate to people's private life stories and raise awareness about the core issues of viewers' life values.” This supports my movie in hopes that people will be interested in seeing my film, because this will feature a girl who besides gaining superpowers has a really normal life that many people can probably relate to. According to Statista, 91% of the younger audience enjoys comedy movies and 89% enjoys adventure. This helps me, because my targeted audience was younger people. Based on a chart from The Numbers, some of the top selling movies fell under the “adventure” genre. These facts state that many people look for something to excite them so hopefully my movie can do that for them. 

Links for referenced data:  

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production 8: Finishing Touches

Production 7: Changing The Cast