To Team or Not to Team
Ultimately it was a hard decision deciding whether I wanted to work alone or in a group. I came to the idea that I would work alone. I feel like this is the best option for me, because I feel like I work best alone where I can control what is happening and I don’t have to rely on others to get something done. It was a hard decision, but I feel like this is what will help me succeed the most and it will help me take responsibility for myself where I can hold myself accountable to get it done.
After doing the “social media peer account” I saw that people express themselves in many different ways and that sometimes it is hard to work with people that you don’t have a lot in common with. For example, someone I was considering working with was Graham Shelton, and when I went on his social media pages, I noticed that he has very different posts then I do. This made me realize that it could be hard to come to an agreement on things.
During the “Lost at Sea” assignment I had worked with Graham again and during that we had almost nothing the same. This opened my eyes to how difficult a project could be to work with someone especially because this is a big project and sometimes you just want things to go your way without any argument.
In an article I read it talked about how important it is to get along with who you work with. The author Becker states, “you can have great products, you can have phenomenal software, you can have the smartest people, but if they are not working together, it’s never going to get you ahead.” This goes to show that when working with others it is very important that you work together with them and that comes with you having to compromise which could be difficult in times.
The more I talk about my decision of working alone the more confident I feel about it. When it comes to me personally, I kind of could get controlling and I like to work on my own time without others constantly checking up on me and telling me what I must do and when. In Coburn’s article she said, “I looked at it again and I started to become interested in individual artists.” This to me means that when people see that one person put all their work into a project it means more, because depending on the final product it shows how much effort, time, hard work, etc. Into that piece.
Something I learned from the articles are that if you work with others it is very important to work together and you must have good communication, but in order to do that you have to know how to work with yourself first. In one of the articles Becker explains that many people have hard times trusting others they work with which leads to miscommunication. I find it easier to just work with myself because I will always be able to trust myself and what I think is best for my project.
Overall, I am happy with my decision of working alone and I feel like I will do a very nice job on my video and I don’t feel like I will regret my decision.
Comments
Post a Comment