Decision Day
My initial impressions of InDesign and PremierPro after participating in the class tutorials were very confused. When I first saw these programs, I was nervous because I had never used these things before, and I was nervous that I wouldn’t be able to get it. It wouldn’t work on my home computer and still won’t until I am able to update it, so I only have had time to work on it in class. In the time I have had in class, I liked working with PremierPro a lot more because in 8th grade I used a program like that to work on the school news program so I am a little more adjusted to that than InDesign.
I feel like if I would do a lot better making a short video than a magazine and I feel a video will help me be more creative and express more than in a magazine. To me PremierPro has more to offer and it is clearer on what you are doing. For example, in PremierPro it has options to separate the sound and video part from each other and there are more labels on the tabs, where InDesign I got confused a lot on what I was clicking and what that button would do.
It was also hard to control what I was doing in there. When I was editing my picture sometimes the whole thing would delete and I would have to go back a bunch to get it back or like the tool would do something I didn’t want it to and mess up my picture.
In the article “Our place in the Universe”, it talks about how important storytelling is a part of who we are as humans, and that relates to telling your story through this portfolio project. Each program offers many ways to tell your story each one being different and that opens so many opportunities to turn it into something great. I feel like I would be able to tell a much clearer and better story through PremierPro than InDesign.
Like PremierPro in my opinion is much better to use because it gives more options. For example, in PremierPro there are options to make transitions which I think could look really cool in a video. It also provides tool to where you can fade out a color or put more emphasis on another color and you can do cool things with fading. These are all the reasons why I am choosing to use premierpro to make a film over than using indesign and make a magazine.
Comments
Post a Comment