Creativity & Genre
The importance of creativity process when embarking upon a new endeavor in a field ripe with choices is that it gives more of an opportunity to be imaginative and go into more detail. It also benefits you by allowing it to expand your mind and access more of your brain.
In the Ted Talk video that we watched last week the man talking said that our brains have 4 sections that all control how our brains think and processes things differently. In the video the man also said that we can only access 87% of our brain. I thought that was kind of crazy. The brain is a hard concept to think about. Like how does our brain think about itself. If that makes any sense, but a part of that leads us to be creative and think of something for ourselves. In my opinion leaving the answer out in the open lets us be more creative with ourselves and it gives you something to think about.
In the article we read part of an interview with a man Beghetto. He is a specialist in creative thought and action in educational settings. Beghetto mainly said that in classrooms it can be effective to allow the students to find their own way to an answer. Beghetto also said that this might cause some chaos to the lesson, but that chaos can help develop and demonstrate creative thought and action. When I read this, I thought of being in math. I thought about how someone might teach it one way, but sometimes I find it easier to solve the problem a different way. That gets me to think and open my mind to different ways to solve the equation.
I was researching up on different movies in the genre I chose for my film which is adventure/comedy. I used the movies “Jumanji” and “Adventures in Babysitting” to take notes on. I found that both directors that filmed these movies had many nominations and awards in various categories. I noted that the movies both revolved around the same idea, that being a major inconvenience that leads to the main characters going on basically a wild goose chase trying to fix everything. Along the way funny things happen to the characters lightening the mood a bit.
Last week we completed an assignment that was called “New Introductions Activity” in this activity we had to choose a category and list 10 reasons/answers to how we relate to that category or how it involves us. For example, I chose the bucket list and I had to list ten things that either were on my bucket list and I did them or are still on there. Then we had to explain why they were on there. This was an activity that would help someone get to know you better and give them something important to know about you.
I'm excited for my portfolio project. I envision myself making a very adventure packed film that leaves you on your toes and keeps you wanting more throughout it, making it very funny to watch also so you don’t get bored.
Comments
Post a Comment